Spring cleaning – it’s that time of the year again.
Time to get planning and get moving to get your home cleaned and ready for the new season ahead.
Trust us – taking care of these items now is going to make life easier for you. It is also going to add to the longevity of your home.
Here are some ideas for interior spring cleaning:
- Declutter: Go through each room and get rid of items that are no longer needed or used.
- Deep clean: Use a mixture of warm water and vinegar to clean surfaces and remove stains.
- Organize: Sort through items and find a designated place for everything.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can give a room a new look and feel.
- Clean windows: Remove dirt and grime from windows for a clearer view.
- Wash curtains and rugs: Freshen up your curtains and rugs by washing them or taking them to the dry cleaners.
- Reorganize closet: Go through your clothes and donate or sell items you don’t wear anymore.
- Donate or sell unwanted furniture: Make room for new items by getting rid of old furniture.
- Clean out fridge and pantry: Throw out expired food and wipe down the interior.
- Revamp decor: Add new accessories or change up the layout of your furniture to give a room a fresh look.
Here are some ideas for exterior spring cleaning:
- Power wash: Use a power washer to remove dirt and grime from the exterior of your home, including the siding, deck, and driveway.
- Clean gutters and downspouts: Remove debris and leaves from gutters to prevent clogging and water damage.
- Trim bushes and trees: Cut back overgrown shrubs and branches to improve the appearance and safety of your property.
- Clean windows: Remove dirt and grime from the exterior of windows for a clearer view.
- Paint or stain: Touch up or apply a fresh coat of paint or stain to the exterior of your home, deck, or fence.
- Clean outdoor furniture: Use a mild detergent and water to clean outdoor furniture and cushions.
- Organize your garage or shed: Go through items in your garage or shed and get rid of anything that is no longer needed.
- Sweep and pressure wash sidewalks, patios, and driveways: to remove dirt, grime, and stains.
- Check roof: Inspect your roof for any damage or leaks and have them repaired if needed.
- Plant flowers and maintain your lawn: Plant new flowers or bushes, and maintain your lawn by mowing, fertilizing, and watering regularly.
As always, if you need help buying or selling, or cleaning your house, do not hesitate to reach out to Gregg Bamford or Ryan Bamford.